Terms of Website Use
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our sites are operated by Majestic-12 Limited ("We" or "us"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 05269210 and have our registered office and main trading address at Birmingham Science Park Aston, Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B7 4BB. Our VAT number is GB894864750.
ACCESSING OUR SITES
Access to our sites is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our sites without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our sites are unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our sites, or our entire sites, to users who have registered with us.
When using our sites, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our sites through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our sites, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our sites for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our sites.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our sites must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us. For details on how to obtain a re-seller licence please contact us through our email at email@example.com.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
We release and publish information based on data sourced from a distributed network which is not within our total control. In addition, the inter connected networks of webpages comprising the internet changes significantly from moment to moment rendering it impossible to provide completely accurate link data and webpages may be missing from our search results. We do not inspect such information prior to its release. Information, commentary and other materials posted on our sites is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information or materials by any visitor to our sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
MAJESTIC BUSINESS PAGES
As can be found at our url 'majestic.com/business', we are pleased to be able to offer use of the Majestic Business Pages, being a directory of industry contacts. We hope this will provide a useful cross-selling and profile tool for our customers.
However, please note, as referred to in our acceptable use policy , your use of the Majestic Business Pages is strictly limited to perusing the directory with a view to engaging the services of other directory members. In no circumstances are you entitled to use the information set out in the Majestic Business Pages to contact directory members in order to make an unsolicited promotion of your own services (or the services of any third party). In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, you are not entitled to contact directory members in order to encourage, solicit or otherwise invite them to use an alternative link intelligence provider to Majestic. This is completely contrary to the spirit of the Majestic Business Pages and is entirely prohibited.
Please note that we will take any evidence of breaches of the use of the Majestic Business Pages extremely seriously and we will promptly and vigorously pursue any instance where we have a suspicion that such activity is occurring. This may include (without prejudice to any other legal rights we may have) a claim for any damage or loss caused by the violation of our database rights or, if required, a claim for injunctive relief.
OUR SITES CHANGE REGULARLY
We aim to update our sites regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our sites, or close them indefinitely. Any of the material on our sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our sites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our sites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our sites, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITES
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITES
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to submit material to our sites, or to make contact with other users of our sites, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us in respect of any loss, liability or damage suffered by us arising in connection with any breach by you of such warranty.
Any material you upload to our sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our sites.
We have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any material or posting you make on our sites if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which our sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites. You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our sites or to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any websites linked to them.
LINKING TO OUR SITES
You may link to our sites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any websites that are not owned by you.
Our sites must not be framed on any other sites, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The websites from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our sites other than that set out above, please contact us through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITES
Where our sites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our sites although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Majestic has a number of registered trademarks, including those listed on the Majestic Style Guide page of our 'Majestic' site from time to time.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our sites, please contact us through our email at email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our sites.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our websites (including majestic.com, majesticseo.com, majestic12.co.uk and majesticmonitor.com (and any associated sub-domains)) (our sites). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our sites.
Your use of our sites means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
Our sites are operated by Majestic-12 Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05269210 and we have our registered office and main trading address at Birmingham Science Park Aston, Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B74BB. Our VAT number is GB894864750.
You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our sites in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to use the Majestic Business Pages for any purpose other than perusing the services offered by other directory members with a view to engaging their services.
- Not to use or pass on any information, data or contact details provided in the Majestic Business Pages for the purposes of contacting directory members to ask, solicit or otherwise invite them to use or engage an alternative link intelligence provider to Majestic.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt (i) any part of our sites, (ii) any equipment or network on which our sites is stored, (iii) any software used in the provision of our sites, or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites, such as, without limitation, a bulletin board or forum (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our sites, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our sites (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our sites. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our sites.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our sites.